Position: Site Safety Professional
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
Yates is proud to be an industry leader in construction and engineering services. To be a top of class organization, Yates is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety; instills integrity in all aspects of their lives; are passionate about what they do; and committed to providing value to our clients.
Skills and Experience:
The Site Safety Professional is responsible for providing cultural and technical safety leadership in the oversight, monitoring, and reporting of all HSE aspects related to the project. The Site Safety Professional is part of a team of Safety Professionals and will report to a Corporate Area Safety Manager under the Director. The successful candidate will have experience with large commercial construction projects. Must be proficient conducting inspections, and hazard assessments, investigating incidents, and assisting in the health and safety training of the employees.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 plus years of experience working in construction safety
- Must be able to spend minimum of 80% of time out in the field, accessing confined spaces and elevated work locations.
- OSHA 30 Required (OSHA 500 is a plus)
- BCSP Certifications are a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with proven leadership and problem-solving skills
Essential Job Duties:
- Stop any observed imminent danger event and/or activity immediately without consultation.
- Provide jobsite leadership and direction as it relates to all areas of safety and risk at the project level.
- Assist the corporate safety director, project superintendent and project team in adhering / implementing all company safety policies.
- Maintain working relationship with project staff and employees.
- Keep project management team abreast of all areas of risk or potential risk and identify cost effective solutions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the project safety program.
- Coordinate with the project superintendent and participate in preconstruction safety meetings with project management team to analyze and effectively prepare for risk issues.
- Establish and conduct jobsite orientation for all employees working on the project and document participation (may include subcontractor employees).
- Conduct in depth safety training with hourly employees corresponding to work tasks to be performed (fall protection, scaffolding, etc).
- Establish, conduct or facilitate additional safety training to promote project safety awareness with staff and hourly employees.
- Audit the “daily pre-task meeting” process for accuracy and depth.
- Participate in and/or conduct site wide safety meeting each week.
- Conduct regular (daily) jobsite and work area inspections.
- Assist project team in investigation of all project incidents and ensure proper records are completed and submitted.
- Participate in any external safety inspections conducted on the project.
- Assist in claims management process.
- Participate in project meetings to review areas of risk on the project and identify cost effective solutions.
- High rise structures including condominiums, apartments, and office
- Industrial manufacturing
- Federal & military construction
- Gaming and entertainment
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities/M/F
Yates performs heavy construction and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.