The Beaver Excavating Company is a rapidly growing, third generation family-owned construction company made up of intelligent, skilled, and experienced employees who are experts in today’s fast-pace construction industry. We hire the most qualified, motivated and zealous people to work within our organization. Beaver employees are committed to working safely and efficiently, as a team in partnership with our customers, to exceed their expectations. As one of the largest and most respected mass earth-moving, site development and construction companies in the region, we offer an opportunity for career growth and development. There are many compelling reasons why outstanding people should consider a career with our company including our dedication to our core values – Safety, Quality, Loyalty, Integrity, Pride, Customer Focus and Community Service. What are you waiting for? Apply today.
We are proud to offer you:
- Company Paid Life
- HSA company contribution
- Voluntary Life
- Career growth and development
- Must live in or near Morgantown, WV or be willing to relocate.
Supervise Assistant Project Managers and other project related staff. Work closely with the Project Superintendent, Owners, Engineers and Construction Managers to ensure projects are performed on schedule, meet establish requirements, and are completed within budget. Emphasize teamwork, timely and complete project closeout. Actively involved in ensuring job site safety.
- Main office location is in Morgantown, WV
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Coordinate and direct takeoffs efforts.
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Identify and seek clarification to uncertain design issues during the bid process.
- Prepare scopes of work, solicit and evaluate subcontractor pricing
- Ensure that all required bid documents are prepared prior to bid due date.
- Evaluate project documents for constructability and value engineering opportunities.
- Responsible for estimating and bidding aspects (with specific focus on Masonry/Concrete estimating)
- Review project geotechnical reports. Evaluate material suitable for fill or backfill.
- Participate in project plan meetings with owners and engineers to ensure constructability, best engineering solutions and to help position Beaver Excavating for the work.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Communicate and manage project planning process.
- Develop, communicate and maintain project schedule.
- Manage project scope changes, subcontractors and applications for payment.
- Interface/communicate with Owner and/or Owner's Representative on budget, schedules, change order management and marketing for long term relationships development.
- Follow project budgets including Daily Unit Costs, Monthly Cost Reports and prepare Monthly Work in Process Reports.
- Maintain all records for project.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods).
- Strong computer and software proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Scheduling Software, HCSS. Heavy Job, Expedition Construction Management.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively work independently and utilize time efficiently.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- 5 years of supervisory experience in a similar construction setting.
- Army Corps of Engineer experience a plus.